Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
If you’re looking for a fun and easy 4th of July cake; check this one out!
Each year I make a red, white, and blue cake; but this year was by far the simplest design I’ve tried! And best yet; no one of my friends have ever seen someone make a cake like mine- SCORE!
This recipe produced 1 bundt cake and (2) 8in cakes.
Here is a rundown of all the pictures.
- Red and blue Funfetti cake mix, a white cake mix, and Cake Mate glitter gels. Prepare the cake mixes as written.
- Batter is all mixed up; isn’t it pretty?
- I put 1/2 of the red batter in the bundt cake pan and swirled trying to get all of the sides red. I didn’t get the middle section well enough.
- Then add 1/2 the white batter.
- Then add 1/2 blue batter.
- This picture shows baked product. You can also see the (2) 8in cakes behind it.
- Cake out of pan and cooling.
- The finished cake with the gels. You could not see the glitter well, so next time I’ll use regular gels.
- 9 and 10 show it all cut up.
I was very happy with my Independence Day cake!