Have you thought of creating income by making YouTube videos? This video explains how you make money making your videos!
So we learned in this video:
- You get paid when advertisers put an ad on your video.
- CPM = Cost Per Thousand. That is how much the advertiser pays per 1,000 impressions or clicks.
- A person only gets income from videos that have ads on them. Not all videos have ads on them.
- Some ads require a click to create income, some just need to be displayed, and some require the viewer to watch the whole ad before you receive income.
- YouTube does not share exact figures, so no one really knows how much a video makes.
- YouTube takes 45% of your earnings. It may seem like a lot, but they are hosting your video and promoting it.
- Sometimes you get perks like free phones or clothing.
What I’ve learned from experience and research:
- YouTube can put several ads on and around a video at one time. I know I’ve seen 3 ads at one time on mine. More ads= more income.
- Certain ads pay better. Business and health related videos often have a higher CPM. My health related videos do quite well on advertising.
- A video can make money for years with no added effort, so take that into consideration if you plan to make videos.
- Though it is unlikely most people will get filthy rich, there are some that are! These children have quite the bank account.
- Here is another article with estimates on YouTube earnings. Sometimes I wonder if I should start playing more video games and making videos…Nah!
As always, DREAM BIG! Share your YouTube channel in the comments and I’ll stop by!