Do you love animals? Pet sitting can earn crazy amounts of cash!
Home-based pet sitting is one of the fastest growing businesses.
Some people are lucky to have friends or relatives who are able to care for a beloved pet, but so many families just don’t have the opportunity. This is where you come in!
Dogs, cats, birds, lizards and almost any animal could be on your list to watch. Whether small scale or large, there is an opportunity in pet sitting.
In-home pet sitting ranges from $20-$50 per day on average. Just imagine if you had several homes a day to visit!
- You can care for their pet in your home or theirs.
- You can work for yourself, or work for a company like Pet Sitters International.
- You can add extra perks like leaving lights on, bringing the mail in, watering plants, washing windows(or the dog), vacuum, and mowing the lawn. Extra services could be an extra fee to help bring in more income.
- Some pet sitters also charge a “holiday fee” for pet sitting over holidays.
To be super successful, you’ll want to have a few things in place.
- A website.
- Background check.
- Pet CPR is a plus.
Ways to promote
- Go to local dog parks and hand out treats and business cards.
- Promote at local vets
- Place ads with dog clubs.
- Facebook page
So what do you think? Can you see yourself as a pet sitter?